The Course Director (CD) Workshop consists of eight hours of focused training and an exam intended to prepare CDs for successful preparation and conduct of the 20-hour Occupational Hearing Conservation (OHC) certification and 8-hour recertification courses. CD certification and re-certification is granted for a five years.
Course curriculum will include guidance in the following areas:
- Developing course curricula that meet CAOHC’s current requirements for OHC certification and recertification courses
- Understanding procedural actions of a CD required by CAOHC before, during and after CAOHC-approved OHC courses
- Implementing contemporary and motivational teaching techniques and resources (including those provided by CAOHC) for effective hearing conservation training
- Recognizing how recent changes in federal hearing conservation regulations influence the conduct of CAOHC-approved OHC courses
- Preparing instructional materials that incorporate recent scientific and technical advances in hearing conservation for use in training conducted by CDs and OHCs
Certified audiologists, industrial hygienists, occupational health nurses, speech language and hearing professionals, safety engineers and noise-control engineers.