How to Re-certify as a Course Director
Course Director (CD) certification is valid for 5 years. To recertify, CDs need to participate in a semiannual Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation CD Workshop.
If you can't attend a workshop during the year in which certification expires, you can have 1 more year to complete the course. However, in that case, you may teach courses for only the first 6 months of that year.
To re-certify, follow these 2 steps:
- Submit the CD recertification application and proof of:
- Current license or registration issued by applicant state licensing board and verification of your certification or your membership in (1) of the following organizations:
- Credential from the American Board of Audiology, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, American Board of Industrial Hygiene or Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Membership in the American Industrial Hygiene Association or American Society of Safety Engineers
- Complete and submit the CD Workshop registration form and the recertification fee, which includes both the application fee and the cost of the workshop