Welcome to the CD Resources section. In this section you will find all of the necessary materials and forms you will need to administer your OHC courses.
Information for Course Directors
Course Logistics (Before)
- Mailing List - Course Directors may purchase the mailing information for certified occupational hearing conservationists in the areas they plan to hold courses. Another resource for OHC reference information can be found in the OHC Credential Verification section of this website.
Organizing Your Course
- Supporting Faculty - At present CAOHC does not have a list of available speakers throughout North America for each discipline that needs to be represented in an OHC course. What we do however recommend that you contact national association for each of CAOHC’s component organizations to provide speaker guidance for your course.
Course Content and Delivery
- Curriculum Guide (NEW)- This document contains instructional support information for the domains and tasks found in the Occupational Hearing Conservationist (OHC) Standardized Exam Blueprint. The Curriculum Guide© was designed to be used by Course Directors (CDs) to help supplement their OHC course instruction and by OHCs to help them review for the Standardized Certification and Recertification exam.
- Course Outline - Whether you are planning a 20 hour OHC combined certification and recertification course or just the 8-hour recertification course, these outline templates will help you organize your course presentations and manage your time.
- Anatomy Video Curriculum - In an effort to minimize the number of outside faculty you need to recruit for your courses CAOHC has authorized that use of this video can replace the need for a physician presenter. In addition CAOHC has created a series of power point presentations that can be used as a guide to help you create each section of the OHC course.
- 5th Edition Hearing Conservation Manual - The Hearing Conservation Manual was designed to be used by CAOHC CDs as a teaching tool and by OHC’s as a reference tool. The manual includes information for each section of the OHC course. It is recommended however not required that each OHC candidate receives a copy of this manual.
- Suggested Practicum Guidelines - OHC courses contain two sections that require hands on training, the Audiometric training as well as Hearing protection device fitting, guides found here will help you plan these sections of your course.