February 14, 2018- Orlando, FL
The Course Director workshop is being held in conjunction with the National Hearing Conservation Association Conference (NHCA), as a pre-conference workshop. This all-day event includes pre-read material and the Hearing Conservation Manual 5th Edition.
The Course Director (CD) Workshop consists of eight hours of focused training and an exam intended to prepare CDs for successful preparation and conduct of the 20-hour Occupational Hearing Conservation (OHC) certification and 8-hour recertification courses. CD certification and re-certification are granted for five years.
- Developing course curricula that meet CAOHC’s current requirements for OHC certification and recertification courses
- Understanding procedural actions of a CD required by CAOHC before, during and after CAOHC-approved OHC courses
- Implementing contemporary and motivational teaching techniques and resources (including those provided by CAOHC) for effective hearing conservation training
- Recognizing how recent changes in federal hearing conservation regulations influence the conduct of CAOHC-approved OHC courses
- Preparing instructional materials that incorporate recent scientific and technical advances in hearing conservation for use in training conducted by CDs and OHCs
Certified audiologists, industrial hygienists, occupational health nurses, speech-language and hearing professionals, safety engineers and noise-control engineers.
8101 World Center Dr.
Orlando, FL 32821
- The Caribe Royal hotel rate for NHCA attendees is $189 + tax per night.
- The conference will begin with Thursday workshops and concluding Saturday after general sessions!
- Departure air reservations should be made after 6:30 p.m.
- Attire for the conference and functions is Business Casual unless otherwise noted for special events.
Online Hotel Reservations - NHCA attendees (Click Here) (Must be reserved by January 14, 2018)
Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel directly at 1-888-258-7501 or 407-238-8000. To receive the group rate, attendees must identify themselves as attendees of the NHCA group at the time of booking.
- Map of the Hotel
- Hotel check in 4:00 PM & check out is at 12:00 PM.
- Smoke Free Policy
- Room Service hours 6:00 AM- 12:00 AM
- Hotel does NOT provide shuttle service
Walt Disney World® area - 1.5 miles
International Drive - 1 mile
SeaWorld Orlando® - 6 miles
Orange County Convention Center - 6 miles
Universal Studios Resort™ - 10 miles
Orlando International Airport (MCO) - 16 miles
Orlando/Sanford International Airport (SFB) - 47 miles