CAOHC Course Director Workshop
The course director (CD) workshop consists of eight hours of focused training and an exam. It is intended to prepare CDs to conduct successful 20-hour Occupational Hearing Conservation (OHC) certification and 8-hour recertification courses.
Course curriculum will include guidance in the following areas:
- Developing course curricula that meet CAOHC’s current requirements for OHC certification and recertification courses.
- Understanding procedural actions of a CD required by CAOHC before, during and after CAOHC-approved OHC courses.
- Implementing contemporary and motivational teaching techniques and resources (including those provided by CAOHC) for effective hearing conservation training.
- Recognizing any recent changes in federal regulations that influence the conduct of CAOHC-approved OHC courses.
- Preparing instructional materials that incorporate recent scientific and technical advances in hearing conservation for use in training conducted by CDs.
The identified audience typically attending the CD workshop are certified audiologists, physicians, industrial hygienists, occupational health nurses, safety engineers and noise-control engineers.