The Course Director (CD) Responsibilities are:
- Adhere to Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC) course policies and procedures.
- Obtain CAOHC approval for courses. Approval is conditional and will be voided if the CAOHC requirements are not met.
- Be physically present during the entire course.
- Submit course changes (eg. schedule, guest speakers) to the CAOHC administrative office when submitting the student roster.
- Administer the OHCs Standardized certification and recertification exam according to the OHC Standardized Exam Policies and Procedures.
- Allow CAOHC to verify information in the CD’s application by contacting employers, educational institutions or clients.
- Allow CAOHC to contact students to evaluate the CD’s educational performance and compliance with CAOHC requirements.
- Stay current on course administration policies and procedures.
- Accept that CD certification can be revoked if CAOHC policies and procedures are not met.