OHC Exam Guide - Online Exam
OHC Students should follow these steps:
1) Create Log-in Credentials to access the exam; click here to learn how.
2.) Find the exam online; please refer students to How to Find Your Exam.
The exam name includes the Course Directors last name, the city where the exam took place and the date of the exam (I.e. Smith-Eugene OR – 06302020).
3.) Log into the exam several hours before exam time.
Students will receive an email on the morning of the scheduled exam with a link to the Learning Portal where they can access their exam. They should use the same login credentials that they used to create their CAOHC account. The login to this Learning Portal can also be found on the home page of the CAOHC website under My CAOHC Account.
It is recommended that students use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers, as Microsoft web browsers are not compatible with the LMS software.
4.) Review the OHC Exam PowerPoint Presentation in the classroom.
We advise students to review the entire presentation which includes:
- Becoming familiar with the exam platform
- Exam tutorial (on page 8) showing how to click through the exam; click here to see it.
- Exam instructions, best practice and regulations (on page 9); click here to see it.
5. Take the Course Survey
It is within the LMS and should only take 3-5 minutes.
6. Take the Exam and note your time limit.
The exam is timed. Once students begin the exam, they will not be able to pause or stop it at any time. For initial certifications the exam is 60 minutes and consists of 50 questions. For recertifications the exam is 30 minutes and consists of 30 questions.
7. Get Exam Results.
Students will receive their exam results via email within 24 business hours of completing it. When they pass, they will also receive instructions by email on how to download and print a copy of their certificate.
1. In the event a student needs to retake their exam, they will need to contact the CAOHC office at email@example.com to schedule it.
2. CAOHC will be holding retests every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month. The retests will be proctored via Zoom.
3. When students schedule the retest, they will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to log into the retest session.
4. Third Retests. If for any reason the CD desires to proctor a second or third attempt, they must notify the CAOHC office at firstname.lastname@example.org with the intended date and time.